We accept the Mckay and Step-up scholarships. In addition, we offer payment plans
We provide year-round schooling for children and adolescents with autism and other developmental delays, such as Down syndrome, intellectual disabilities, and language disorders. We serve as a transitional special needs school in Tampa, FL to prepare him or her for inclusion in a more “traditional” classroom setting. Our classrooms have an extremely low teacher-to-student ratio, with one teacher to every one, two or three students.
Areas of Focus
Learning for Life Academy is a special needs school in Tampa, FL that provides year-round programming. Our comprehensive curriculum is taught in a creative and motivating environment and focuses on students acquiring:
- Communication skills
- Pre-academic and academic independent functioning
- Socialization skills
- A firm foundation of confidence
- Skill development
- Critical-thinking skills
- Problem-solving strategies
We are at the forefront of providing scientific, research- based intervention and care to unlock the potential of our students.
Each child is unique; therefore, at Learning for Life Academy, every student’s program is developed to his or her needs. We:
- Create highly structured, individualized programs
- Apply the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis and Applied Verbal Behavior
- Develop programs to best work with our students’ learning styles
- Assess each student’s skills on a daily basis to monitor progress and modify teaching strategies
- Identify problems when they occur and look for ways to solve them
- Track and measure progress
- Have a low staff-to-student ratio, so students receive a high level of reinforcement to achieve optimal success
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Students who are having a difficult time succeeding in other private and public schools can attend Learning for Life Academy, a special needs school in Tampa, FL. Our intensive ABA based instruction is perfect for students who are engaging in problem behaviors, are non-verbal and/or have difficult time completing tasks independently.
Personalized Transition Planning
Our goal is to teach the pre-requisite educational and behavioral skills that a student needs in order to succeed in a more typical learning environment. When a student is ready to leave our special needs school in Tallahassee or Tampa, FL and transition to a local school, we collaborate with the family, teachers, and administrators at the new school to ensure a smooth and successful transition. This may include on-site observations from the new school our staff shadowing or assistance in the development of the IEP and behavior plan implementation.
Our Program Director and Education Coordinator are Board Certified Behavior Analysts and/or certified teachers. All of our teachers are Registered Behavior Technicians.
6507 Gunn Highway
Tampa, Fl 33625